“The Samaritan-Jewish Commentary on John” is a historic contexts commentary on the Gospel of John written from Israel and contributed via comments to by scholars and students from all around the world.
Jewish Studies for Christians is a study group, designed as an educational resource for Christian believers worldwide. Therefore, the purpose of this web-based study group is to explore, together with Christians the Jewish context of Christian faith; and in this way to contribute to ongoing Jewish-Christian dialogue and relations.
* Pay special attention to the articles marked with this –
- Who are “the Jews” in the Gospel of John?
- For Whom, by Who, from Where and When John’s Gospel was authored?
- Judean Christian Mission to the Israelite Samaritans
- Rethinking Israelite Samaritans and their Diaspora
- A Niche Market for John’s Gospel
- Authority as the key characteristic of “the Jews” in John
- John 1.1-3 (Logos Theology in Pre-Christian Jewish Tradition?)
- John 1.4-5 (The Themes of Darkness and Light: Is There a Connection with Qumran?)
- John 1.6-9 (Hebrew Names – Should We Translate It?)
- John 1.10-12 (He Came Unto His “Own”: What Can We See in Greek That We Can Not in English?)
- John 1.13-15 (What Does it Mean to be God’s Son in the Light of Old Testament?)
- John 1.16-18 (Law and Grace: Have We Made Enemies Out of Friends?)
- John 1.19-24 (Jerusalem’s Inquiry into John Baptist)
- John 1.25-27 (John,Who Do You Think You Are?!)
- Jn. 1.29-31 (Passover and Easter: What Do They Have in Common?)
- Jn.1.32-34 (The King, the Dove and the Spirit)
- Jn.1.35-42 (Why Does John Often Translate and Explain Words?)
- Jn.1.43-46 (What Was Wrong with Nazareth?)
- Jn.1.47-51 (Nathaniel, You Have Not Seen Anything Yet)
- Jn.2.1-12 (Are “the Jews” really “Judeans”?)
- Jn.2.13 (Why Passover of the Jews? Where there also other Passovers?)
- Jn.2.14-17 (Cleansing the Temple: Why is John so Different from Synoptics?)
- Jn.2.18-25 (ReInterpreting “If You Are the Messiah, Tell Us Clearly?!”)
- John 5.2-5 (Who will heal You? A Greek or a Jewish god?)
- John 5.6-9 (Understanding Ancient Copyists of Scriptures)
- John 5.10-17 (What was the real reason for the persecution of Jesus by “the Jews”?)
- John 5.18 (Why would “the Jews” want to kill Jesus?)
- John 5.19-30 (Was the Gospel of John “simply” written or carefully designed?)
- John 5.19-30 (How to interpret this chiasm?)
- John 5.31-38 (How does Jesus know He is right?)
- John 5.41-42 (I do not receive glory from People of the Land)
- John 5.43-46 (If another comes in his own name)
- John 6.1-15 (Jesus as second Moses)
- John 6.16-25 (Jesus and his strange movements around the Sea of Galilee)
- John 6.26-28 (Are we preconditioned to read New Testament in an anti-Jewish Way?)
- In Progress
To receive more information about learning Biblical Languages with Hebrew University of Jerusalem/eTeacher Biblical program online at affordable cost, please, click here.